We are excited to announce that Attorney Robert Jenkins, a partner at Bynum & Jenkins Law, has been published and featured in the March 2021 edition of Lawyer Monthly Magazine—sharing his “expert insight” into money laundering defenses.
What Is Lawyer Monthly?
Lawyer Monthly is a news website and monthly legal publication with over 310,000 readers in over 100 countries. Their published content can be found:
- Online via their website or social media accounts
- In their publication Lawyer Monthly Magazine (which can be accessed in print or digital copies)
Their readership can follow legal news and find helpful information concerning a multitude of practice areas, including but not limited to white-collar crimes, insurance and tax law, litigation vs. alternative dispute resolution, and more. In their monthly magazine, Lawyer Monthly includes:
- Interviews with attorneys (referred to as “Expert Witness” pieces)
- Articles written by attorneys (referred to as “Expert Insight” pieces)
- And more
To learn more about the publication, you can visit their website.
Robert Jenkins’s Expert Insight: Lawyer Month Magazine (March 2021)
In his article, “Defending Yourself Against Money Laundering,” Attorney Jenkins explains what constitutes money laundering and what the prosecution will need to prove in order to obtain a conviction. Jenkins believes that the best defense always involves a strong defense strategy, which involves:
- Determining ways to attack the prosecution’s case
- Collecting evidence to present in court
- Planning ahead with the prosecution’s possible rebuttal of evidence in mind
Because of the rise of online fraud and unique risks that cash businesses face, Jenkins also highlights ways that individuals and small businesses can take steps to protect themselves from becoming victims of money laundering schemes. You can review the article in its entirety here.
However, it is important to note that the best step take when facing money laundering (or any federal crime) charges is to reach out to an experienced attorney. Navigating the legal system can be extremely complex and confusing if you try to do it alone. While this article may be helpful, you should still seek the help of an experienced federal defense attorney as they:
- Have a better understanding of the laws and legal system
- Can help you create a personalized legal defense strategy after reviewing your case
- Can connect you with private investigators, polygraph examiners, and other industry experts to assist with your case (in terms of gathering evidence)
Get Help from Our Federal Defense Attorneys
At Bynum & Jenkins Law, our attorneys have over 26 years of legal experience. We are equipped to help clients in cases involving:
- Bankruptcy fraud
- Healthcare fraud
- Drug trafficking
- Money laundering
- Tax violations
- Wire fraud
We understand that federal convictions carry harsh penalties, and this is more than a case—this is your life. Whether you need legal representation for yourself as an individual or your business, we can offer you aggressive, results-driven legal counsel.If you are facing federal criminal charges, you can trust our legal team to work with your best interest in mind, because your concerns are our concerns. To schedule a case consultation and learn more about how we can help you, reach out to us online or at (703) 537-5522 today.